What’s this? A plush that turned out pretty much the way I intended it to? It looks that way! Behold, my third attempt at a plushie, a cuddly little adipose!
(I once again forgot to take progress pictures of this one, but this was when I noticed my mistake, so that shouldn’t happen again. Furthermore, both the dog and the cat were thoroughly engaged in nap time, so neither of them turned up to assist.)
This one went really well! It was my first time working with a pattern that utilized not just a front and back panel, but side-panels as well (I don’t know where you’d classify spheres in terms of paneling…). It was awkward pinning it all in place at first, but once I had the basic shape pinned down things went quite well. I also think I have gained a better grasp of seam-allowance, which probably helps a lot of things.
This pattern also made an interesting suggestion that I hadn’t seen before — clipping into the edges of the seam allowance, which they suggest gives the shape a better form once it’s turned inside out. I can’t tell if the results I got were strictly from this crimping, or from my better use of seam allowance, or some combination of both. But I was very pleased with the rounded-shape that I got.
This is also my first attempt at attaching limbs since my first plush. It’s still not an easy task, and I think I need a lot of practice yet before I get better at hiding my stitching there. But the limbs on this one are definitely sturdier than my previous attempts.
So there you have it, the latest addition to my collection of plushie attempts. Looking at the picture above, I do feel like I’m making progress with each new attempt. A good feeling! The holiday weekend is coming to a close, so I expect my posts will thin out a bit as I go back to work. But I have a lot of patterns lined up for further projects, so more updates will be on the way!